PolyWhey® Exterior Penetrating Wood Stain
PolyWhey® exterior stains and water proofer provide beautiful protection of decks, fencing, docks, raised beds, outdoor furniture and siding. This product is not recommended on IPE, Mahogany or exotic wood horizontal surfaces.
Large volume customers please contact us for a customized finish.
TO SEE DETAILED COLOR SWATCHES, SELECT DESIRED SIZE AND COLOR FROM DROPDOWN MENUS BELOW.
$10.00 – $321.00
- The beauty of stain & the protection of a sealer
- Delivers color & water proofer deep into wood
- Protects against moisture and harmful UV rays
- Available in quarts, gallons and five-gallon pails
- Easy application-soap and water cleanup
- Available in our original colors Caspian Clear, Autumn Red, Lakeside Cedar, Acorn Brown, Sterling Gray, plus NINE all-new colors: Charcoal Gray, Coastal Gray, Granite Gray, Bison Brown, Brackish Brown, Royal Cherry, Golden Cedar, Balsam Green, and Garden Green.
- This product is not recommended on IPE, Mahogany or exotic wood horizontal surfaces
- USE ON: Any new, pressure treated or weathered wood. If applied over oil-based or water-based stains, sand thoroughly to remove film build so the Penetrating Stain can penetrate the wood. Do not apply over finishes.
Additional Product Information:
- Two coats of finish are recommended for full protection. Second coat must be applied while the first coat is still damp (if the first coat fully dries the second coat will not be able to penetrate). This product is not recommended for use on IPE, Mahogany, or other exotic woods.
- Do not apply when rain is expected in the next 48 hours.
- Stir well prior to use.
- Always test the stain on a sample piece of wood to confirm compatibility and desired appearance.
- If wood has been previously coated, sand to remove all film build to allow Penetrating Stain to penetrate the wood. Apply with brush, paint pad, foam brush or spray. Do not thin. Thinning will result in reduced product performance. Apply an even coat with the grain of the wood and maintain a wet edge. Coat the end grain of all exposed boards.
- Two coats are recommended. Apply second coat while the first coat is still damp. Do not sand between coats.
- Apply when air and surface temperatures are between 50 and 80 degrees Fahrenheit and relative humidity of 40%-60%.
- Under normal conditions treated wood will be fully cured in 48 hours. One gallon will cover approximately 200-400 sq ft. depending on the porosity of the wood.
Real Customer Photos
Garden Beds with Exterior Wood Stain
Exterior Polywhey penetrating wood stain in Sterling Gray on his raised beds, and was very happy with his results. Finished project. Turned out great with the Polywhey. Ty for your help.
Vermont Natural Coatings PolyWhey© finishes are in use from Canada to Peru to Japan. Our international customers enjoy hassle-free, dependable ordering and shipping services from the Vermont Natural Coatings team.
For queries on international shipping, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at (802) 472-8700.